Friday, February 18, 2011

Twitter…

So last night I was driving on the way home, and had a really great idea for a blog post. I forgot it. Hopefully this isn't too bad.

A few weeks ago, I signed up for twitter, but didn’t really used it. The other day however, I began to use it a lot, and now I think I'm addicted. Its pretty crazy to me to think about how easy it is to get “addicted” to something like Facebook, or your blackberry, or twitter, or something like that, and what's even more astounding to me is how much time we spend on worthless things like t. What if we spent all that time on something worthwhile, something that would bring us true joy, and ultimately bring God joy?

What if our time usually spend on Facebook, or on twitter, or on Youtube was spend in the word, or spent fulfilling the call from the end of the book of Matthew saying: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them  to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19)

That’s all for now. I'm going to go to class soon, and not pay attention, and think of something sensible and moving to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment