Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Thought.

 

I was driving on the way to work today, and had another thought. On Monday night, I spoke at the Magellan FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) about love, as it was Valentines Day. I was thinking about what to say, and in the planning of the speech, I pretty much planned multiple speeches. The one I ended up giving, however, was nothing like the ones I planned. As I stood there, I though about all of the things in life, the hardships, the struggles, and the pain we go through. As much as we say we will love someone forever, we cant guarantee that. As much as I know I am in love with my girlfriend, as as much as I know she is in love with me, and as much as I want that love to last, there's no way for me to guarantee it. Its kind of a hard thing to think about.

 

What I stressed to the students Monday was about everlasting love, love that will never fail, and love that will never go away – Gods love. No matter what were going through, and no matter how we are feeling, you will ALWAYS be loved by God. Its so hard to grasp. Its so hard to remember that no matter how many times we screw up, how often we sin, and go against the things we promised ourselves wed never do again, or say things we thought wed never say again, we do. The wildest part is that the God of the Universe forgives us, and he loves us no matter what. It’s incredible.  Ill end with one of my favorite songs of all time, “How He Loves”

“We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way'

He Loves us”

No comments:

Post a Comment