Monday, February 21, 2011

Honesty,even when it hurts

 

The title of this blog is "the raw truth"... and that means I need to be completely honest, even with myself… and the truth is, I’m really scared.

In just about 6 months, my girlfriend leaves for UNC-W, and that means that she and I are going to be 2 hours away, not able to see each other much, not able to hang out after school, work together at youth group, drive to each others houses when something is wrong, or when we really just need each other’s company. I don’t really know what I’m feeling. I think it’s a mix of fear, panic, sadness, and I don’t even know what else. all I do know is that its not that great of a feeling. I don’t doubt at all that that’s the right place to go, and I'm praying my situation works out and allows me to go visit a lot, and then move there the next semester to finish school, but its still a huge change. I know I’m going to want to drive down every weekend and see her, and hope that she drives here when I don’t, or that we can skype all the time, and talk, and text, but I know that wont necessarily happen. We wont get to talk nearly as much, and we definitely wont get to see each other too much. And its really scary. I don’t really know exactly how I’m going to do it, how its going to be. The truth is, I love her, more than anything else in this world, and there’s a lot of times where she’s the only person I can go to, the only person who I feel safe with, and its hard knowing that the days are getting numbered, and things are really going to change.

I don’t know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment