Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When Will We Learn?

I sit here today, curious. It is becoming increasingly normal in our High Schools for students to die because of choices they and fellow students make. It breaks my heart every time, and yet I find myself preparing my heart for it to happen again. Year after year, crash after crash, alcohol, parties, and drugs are behind numerous student deaths. Its becoming a pattern.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sad about everything that has happened this past week at Millbrook. It breaks my heart. But why?

When will we learn? How many more students have to die? How many more lives have to be shattered for our students to care enough about themselves, to care enough about each other to BREAK the pattern of death and destruction.

Let the light come into the darkness. Let there be hope, let there be freedom. Let there be life.

No comments:

Post a Comment