Sunday, January 1, 2012

What’s the worst that could happen?

Over this past weekend, we heard a few stories about trouble some missionaries face while in the field. Gangs, violence, and fear face missionaries every day, and often these predicaments and dangers cause many a missionary to either leave the field, or to not go at all, and in certain circumstances, such hesitance is necessary. However, a conversation that I had while yesterday made me rethink my idea of missions abroad, and how I live life here at home, but most of all, it made me think of Freedom, and what I wrote about it a few days ago.(Check it out)

“What’s the worst that could happen?… such a powerful question. What is the worst? Death. Death is probably what most people would conceive as the worst possible thing to happen. One of my favorite songs is “You’re Beautiful” by Phil Wickham, and part of the song says:

“When we arrive at eternity’s shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We’ll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we’ll sing”

When we arrive at eternities shore, where death is just a memory, and tears are no more… impressive views. Death is a scary thing. It means leaving home, leaving everything we know, all the people we love, BUT, it also means arriving at eternities shore.

What would happen, if we lived our life without the fear of Death, without fear of anything at all. We should be careful, whether we are serving abroad or at home, but what if we lived our life and didn’t let fear, didn’t let suffering, didn’t let anyone, or anything hold us back from FREEDOM, freedom to live life with Christ, as living life with Christ is life to the fullest. Think about it. Freedom.

“When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim My God, how great Thou art!”

No comments:

Post a Comment