Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Reversal

Last Sunday at Youth Group, we continued our series on Be Different, this week focusing on Acting Different. I talked some about the conversion in Saul, also known as Paul, and how much of an impact it had on those around him, when this guy, a known Christian killer, began to spread the word of God to everyone around him. Now that I think about it, i'm kind of like Saul/Paul myself. If you really think about it, sin, especially blatant sin mocks Christianity, and when I think about how much I sin, its not a pretty sight. Then it hit me. How moving and powerful would it be, if I, a sinner, began to use every second of my life, everything I say, and everything I do to glorify Christ? It would be a major turn around. How would others perceive it, specifically those I tend to be the most flawed around? Would my actions prompt me to avoid situations where I know i'm more likely to sin? Or would I continue to put myself in those situations and hope to make a change in people there? I think specifically about where I work. I have nothing against the people I work with, most of them are good people, but none of them are Christians, and many mock religion openly. And yet Ive never said a word of it. Fear, I guess has kept me from speaking up, but lately, I've tried not to curse, tried not to become angry, or aggravated with people, and I've started to see a change in myself, and I hope that first through my actions, then through my words, other people will see a change and begin to be changed as well. I realize consciously that change is good, a life with less sin isn't just what were called to do, its a blessing to do. Today I hope to do the same, and everyday, everywhere I hope to do the same. That one simple thing, do as Christ did, nothing less. Its time for a reversal; Its time I actually used every interaction in my life to change someone else's, not to make myself feel better, but to glorify the God that has changed my life, who is changing my life. Its time for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment