Friday, January 7, 2011

Passion 2011… the beginning

As I think back to Passion, I cant help to think about how convicted I felt some days. how unworthy I felt at times. how loved I felt at times. and then those thoughts about how I would overcome all temptations, attacks, stress and anything that got in the way of my walk with Christ. then I think about how much I've already failed since I’ve been home. I don’t understand it. I think back to Andy Stanley’s talk about the struggle between Esau and  Jacob. Esau’s momentary temptation and struggle got between him and God, got between him and the glory of God. and between him and the birth of all nations. I think I have a lot of bowls of stew. it seems as if I’m always hungry, looking for a momentary way to fill myself, fill myself with anything, even things of this world that chip away at my relationship with Christ. But Gods a master chef of the biggest 5 star restaurant in the world. His eternal bowl of stew far outweighs all momentary troubles.

“Therefore we do not loose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on  what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”- 2nd Corinthians 4:16-18

 

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment