Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bold in Faith

For those of you who really know me, or those of you who have heard my story, or read my blog, you know that I struggle a lot with my faith at work. Working in a company that is 'of this world', selling tickets for shows that are usually not of the Christian variety certainly can take its toll on your faith. I've often wondered about the question I spoke about a year or so ago: "If being a Christian was deemed illegal, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" A few days ago, a friend at work came up to me and said that he had been reading my blog, and that he liked that fact that I could be so devoted and dedicated to my faith, even though he and I dont see eye to eye on alot of things.

I don't want to gloat, but it really does make me feel really good that someone at work, the place I struggle with the most noticed my faith, and my dedication to it. Though my faith is easily expressed through my writing, and most easily expressed through my actions in places that I am comfortable expressing it, I do want to be more bold in it at work, in my actions, my words.

Paul, previously Saul was someone who came from a life of sin, of anti religion, of everything that stood against Christ, as we all do, as I do, but, after his conversion, he quickly became one of the most influential Christians in the early church. I want to be more like Paul, using the things that haunt my past to help try to write an even more beautiful future, one that glorifies Christ above my relationships, my friendships, and myself. One that on the day I meet my savior, as my good friend Woo says "my savior will look at me, smiling, and say 'well done'".

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts, Matt, and I think you live your faith out loud brilliantly in this world!! You inspire so many! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete