Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blessings

Its been way to long since my last blog post, that I'm sure of. Lately with school using every possible bit of my mind, its been kinda hard to think of anything legitimate to write about. There has been something that for the past 2 weeks, has just been on my mind, and though it seems unorthodox to write about in a blog thats been predominately based about my faith, it seems to fit with the title; "the raw truth:wild at heart" And so I write.
I got home from South Africa almost a year ago, and I still remember the feelings I had. It was really hard to be home, to live at COH, as exciting as it was, because I felt like no one really understood me, or my obsessive stories about SA. I struggled in finding anyone who would challenge me in my faith, someone who would take the time, even though it seemed like the only thing I talked about, and listen to my stories about SA, and to ask questions, and to help me through the mental minefield of my head. It was a struggle. Often times, I wished I was back in SA, because it was just too hard for me back home. I clung to Skype, and to facebook, as if they were my lifelines, because, in all reality, they were the only way to get in touch with anyone who would actually understand me. That all changed.
I still remember getting a facebook post one day, from someone back home. It was one of the High School Volunteers, and one of the only people who would actually contact me while I was gone, everyone else it seems I had to contact. Over a few days, we carried on this conversation about africa, and about MS youth group. Little did I know, months later, I would be taking to this person again- alot. It was probably February, or March when we first started hanging out, thanks to Cam and his quote un quote relationship with Taylor at the time. Then bang, its sprint break, and im talking to her alot, and then im on a plane home from Puerto Rico, sick as a dog, and shes waiting for me at the Airport.
Most of you probably know who im talking about now. Caroline. If you had asked me a year ago if I would be dating someone right how, and would have been in a relationship 6 MONTHS, I probably would have laughed at you. It still seems crazy, and it all ways it is. I honestly dont know how to explain how thankful I am. Ive found someone who believes in me, someone who will challenge me in every aspect of my life, especially my faith, someone who can carry on a conversation about whatever it is im struggling with until we get to the realization that whatever it is will be ok, and all I have to do is pray and trust. She pushes me to be a better person, both at Church with the MS and HS youth groups, but at home, at work, and at school as well. Shes one of the strongest Christians I know, who fears nothing and puts all she has in the lords hands, and its honestly inspiring. Shes hilarious, shes incredibly smart, shes an extremely talented athlete, and shes got an an amazing heart. Oh yea, shes also drop dead gorgeous. I don't know how I got so lucky.
Ive never felt so good about life, knowing that I have someone supporting me, in anything I do. Its amazing, a true blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment